The Tosa Pool at Hoyt Park could win $50,000 if enough people cast votes online.
The Pepsi Refresh Challenge, the soda manufacturer's community outreach campaign, will award the money to the program that receives the most votes this month. The Friends of Hoyt Park & Pool have tried for the past four months to be chosen as a contestant.
The money would go toward pool amenities like a waterslide, shade umbrellas and deck furniture. The pool is scheduled to open Memorial Day weekend.
Anyone 13 and older can vote daily in support of the pool, the Friends have announced. To encourage participation, the Friends will hold daily drawings for pool admission passes for those who vote through this link: RefreshEverything.com/fohpp.
This month more than $1,100 ideas are up for vote with $1.3 million in grant money available to divvy up, according to the Pepsi Refresh Project's website. The top 100 runners-up from each category will be transferred over to the next month's voting period.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23