Keeping safety in mind, a Wauwatosa woman hailed a taxi to drive her home from the Super Bowl celebration happening in downtown Milwaukee on Sunday night. But as she paid her fare, she realized she hadn't avoided a bad situation after all.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The 24-year-old woman decided to sit in the front seat and talk to the driver so she didn't seem rude. When they pulled up to her home on 60th Street about 12:30 a.m. Monday, she handed him money. Instead of taking the bills, he grabbed her arm, pulled her toward him and started kissing her.
The woman managed to pull away and said, "No, no, no," while opening the passenger door. He grabbed ahold of her again, saying "Yes, yes."
She freed herself and ran out of the cab. She was so shaken that she hid in the yard for 20 to 30 minutes until her roommates returned home.
Police have been working with the cab company to track down the driver, but since it was a cab hailed on the street the same records don't exist as for a dispatched driver.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23