A 51-year-old Milwaukee man said he was removing dog hair when his car mounted the curb and hit objects along it Feb. 18.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The man's vehicle mounted the curb, struck a parked car, drove along the sidewalk and hit a tree, garbage can and bench at 60th and Vliet streets at 5:01 p.m.
He had empty mini vodka bottles in his car and pockets and a bottle of compressed air in his hand. He said he had been removing dog hair from the dashboard while driving.
He was arrested for drunken driving and his BAC was 0.11. The vehicle had severe damage and was leaking fluids.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23