Come rain, snow or sunshine, a Little Caesar's employee has stood on the corner of Wauwatosa Avenue promoting pizza sales with a bright orange sign.
Visitors to the Village are noticing his absence and the empty storefront formerly occupied by the pizza chain in the Village Faire plaza shared by popular businesses including Starbucks and Baskin-Robbins.
Little Caesar's lease expires Thursday and the eatery vacated the space early.
"We were not able to negotiate a new lease moving forward," said Kevin Hannan, assistant property manager for Siegel-Gallagher Management Co., agent for the property owner.
Calls have been placed to the pizza chain's corporate offices to determine if this Wauwatosa shop will relocate. Little Caesar's has operated from Village Faire for 17 years.
Hannan said there are no prospective tenants considering this space.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23