Wauwatosa police arrested a 37-year-old West Allis woman for driving while under the influence of drugs March 23 after her vehicle struck a traffic pole on Mayfair Road.
According to the police report:
A hit-and-run collision occurred in the 800 block of North Mayfair Road about 4 p.m. March 23. Witnesses said a truck struck a traffic pole, knocking it down, and then drove to a parking lot in the 10700 block of Research Drive.
Witnesses followed the woman to the parking lot, and when officers made contact with her, she said she had nodded off because she had taken two Vicodin pills and one-and-a-half Xanax pills earlier in the day. Police found a 3.5-inch pipe near where the woman had been hiding in the parking lot, but when confronted with it, the woman said, "I smoke crack, but I don't use that kind of pipe."
The woman then told police she had smoked crack three days earlier.
Blood was drawn to determine the woman's level of intoxication. She also was cited for inattentive driving.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23