A 35-year-old Wauwatosa man was arrested for child neglect after he was found lying on his floor intoxicated and incoherent at his home on North 68th Street last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The mother of his two daughters, ages 4 and 8, received a call reporting the older child hadn't shown up for school that day. When the mother arrived at the man's home at 9:25 a.m. April 11 she found him on the floor unable to function or communicate. Two large bottles of vodka were found within reach, nearly empty.
His blood-alcohol content was 0.498, a level that can prove fatal. Paramedics took him to Froedtert Hospital because he remained in a semiconscious state.
Police described the home as unclean. The daughters told officers that their father had gotten sick several times during the night, fell off the couch and toilet several times and drank heavily. They had to make dinner and breakfast and put themselves to bed and he couldn't take them to school.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23