Remember the drunken man who broke into a Wauwatosa home in April and was found sleeping in the mother's bed?
Her daughter sure does, and when the girl saw him walk up as she played outside with her friends at 3:23 p.m. June 14 she ran away and called 911, according to the Wauwatosa police report.
Also from the report:
The 51-year-old Milwaukee man was walking in the 7300 block of West Garfield Avenue when the girl spotted him. However, he was gone when police arrived.
It didn't take officers long to track him down. He was sitting on a bench in front of Walter's bar, 6930 W. North Ave.
Officers believed he was highly intoxicated and when he stood up they found a bottle of tequila on the bench. He was arrested for possessing open intoxicants in public and the alcohol was poured out. Officers gave the man a ride to an area where a Salvation Army shelter is located.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23