For the second time in about a week, a 32-year-old Wauwatosa man is facing weapon possession charges.
Three fire arms, 47 knives and a loaded rifle magazine were recovered Sunday afternoon from Jason Falkenstein's bedroom in the basement of his uncle's home in the 2600 block of North 111th Street, according to a Wauwatosa police report.
On Monday, he was charged with misdemeanor carrying a concealed weapon and bail-jumping. He remains in custody while a doctor determines if he is mentally competent to proceed.
Also according to the police report:
Falkenstein's family said he had been acting paranoid, hadn't slept much since his first arrest and was threatening to kill his girlfriend. Since he had been charged for possession of a semi-automatic pistol a week earlier, family members worried he might have access to other weapons.
A search of a duffel bag resulted in one handgun, a revolver and a shotgun. A look through Falkenstein's living space turned up utility, boot, throwing and pocket knives and two magazines - one empty and one filled with ammunition. He was violating the condition of bail that prohibited him possession of dangerous weapons.
Falkenstein also had a knife in his pocket when he was arrested. He was taken to Milwaukee County Mental Health, then to Milwaukee County Jail.
On June 19, Falkenstein repeatedly called family expressing concern for their safety because he thought he was being followed, but he was the driver of the car circling their block. He had a cocked semi-automatic pistol in his car and was ordered out of the car at gunpoint.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23