A motorcyclist driving faster than 125 mph fled from Menomonee Falls police and crashed after exiting Highway 45 at Capitol Drive in Wauwatosa on Friday morning.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The motorcyclist, a 23-year-old Milwaukee man, struck the curb along the exit ramp, crossed over Capitol Drive and struck the median barrier at 1:36 a.m. Friday. He ran off toward Penzey's Spices but was quickly apprehended.
He was taken to Froedtert Hospital for treatment of his injuries.
He was cited for not having insurance or registration, driving with a suspended license, causing property damage in a hit-and-run accident and failing to maintain control of his vehicle. He was wanted on a warrant in Wauwatosa for driving with a suspended license.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23