A 25-year-old mother from Milwaukee was arrested for driving drunk with two children in the car and causing injury to another driver on Wauwatosa Avenue on Monday night.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The woman had been a passenger in a car that her boyfriend was driving. They got into an argument and he pulled over the Chevrolet Monte Carlo - which has a license plate that reads "ENRAGE" - at 87th Street and Watertown Plank Road and walked away.
The woman got behind the wheel and drove off. After awhile she decided to look for him and said she wasn't paying attention to traffic when she crashed the Monte Carlo into a Pontiac Grand Prix in the 2600 block of Wauwatosa Avenue at 8:04 p.m.
She had her kids, ages 7 and 4, in the car, and she smelled of alcohol. Drunken driving with children younger than 16 in the car is a felony. Her blood-alcohol content was 0.12.
The Monte Carlo had a buckled hood and was leaking fluids, while the Grand Prix collided with a building and its hood was crushed. Both vehicles also struck a concrete light pole before re-entering the roadway.
The driver of the Grand Prix, a 20-year-old woman, was taken to Froedtert Hospital for treatment of facial injuries that resulted from the impact of the air bag.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23