The temperature isn't the only thing bringing the heat. This weekend, Tosa residents can burn some energy in a new charity run and taste some spicy chili during East Tosa's Chili'n on the Avenue.
The Chili Charity Run/Walk is a new addition for the event's second year. The 3-mile run/walk will raise money for Ronald McDonald House Charities of Eastern Wisconsin, which is located in Wauwatosa.
The run steps off at 8 a.m. Saturday. Registration will be accepted at a tent between 69th and 70th streets the morning of the run. The registration fee is $20 per person or $60 for a family of four or more.
A marketplace, featuring foods from local businesses and children's activities, will be located between 68th and 71st streets and will open at 9 a.m. Live music by Semi-Twang, Greg Koch and Meaghan Owens starts at 11 a.m.
The Chili Cook Off - with more than 15 cooks competing for bragging rights - is the centerpiece of the street party. Contestants will prepare their chili recipes on site, and attendees can sample chili and salsa for $1.
Additional chili cooks can still register the morning of the event, between 8 and 9 a.m., for $25. There are three competition categories: nationally sanctioned chili cook-off entries, open chili for everyone and salsa.
Money raised from the cook-off and other Chili'n activities will be used toward development efforts on North Avenue in East Tosa.
For information, go to easttosa.org.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23