A Milwaukee man who allegedly took a minivan from the service bay at a Wauwatosa automotive center Thursday is facing a felony vehicle theft charge.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Jermaine Russell, 35, approached a technician at Kapusta Brothers & Sons, 6005 W. Vliet St., to ask what was wrong with the Ford Windstar about 9:45 a.m. The vehicle was parked in front of the service bay, where it was to undergo an engine test. It was unlocked with the keys in the ignition.
Russell got into the van, and an employee ordered him to get out. Instead, Russell told the employee off and drove away. He left a girl's bicycle at the auto shop.
Russell was stopped in the minivan at 60th Street and North Avenue. Milwaukee police had been looking for him for a theft that had occurred in their city earlier that morning. He was wearing a shirt taken in the theft and had a bag with metal-cutting snips and a screwdriver in his possession.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23