Two men robbed a home in the 500 block of 98th Street at gunpoint Saturday night.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A 23-year-old man and his girlfriend were hanging out in his upstairs bedroom while his three roommates threw a party downstairs. After the roommates left about 11:45 p.m., the girlfriend decided to move her vehicle into the driveway, so she started down the stairs. She said she was met by two men with t-shirts covering most of their faces, one carrying a gun.
One of the men headed upstairs, where he told the man, "Give me everything, this is a robbery." The robber was carrying a gym bag and called the resident by his nickname. The man handed over $2,000 to $3,000, watches and jewelry, a videogame system and games, cell phone, keys and more.
At one point, the woman was thrown to the ground in the hallway and ordered not to talk.
Police asked why the man didn't report the incident right away. He said he wanted to talk to his roommates first and that none of them told him to report it. However, his parents urged him to report the home invasion.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23