A 26-year-old Wauwatosa man faces a misdemeanor vandalism charge and a municipal citation for marijuana possession after police had to respond to calls to his home because of suicide threats, disorderly conduct and trespassing in the past week.
According to a Wauwatosa police report:
The trouble started at 8:22 p.m. July 26 when police received a report of a domestic dispute involving a man with a knife who was trying to cut his wrists and a woman who was throwing items into the street in the 4600 block of North 100th Street.
The man had gotten into a fight with his girlfriend, so he had locked himself in the bedroom. He had attempted suicide in the past, so she picked the lock and found him on the bed with a knife.
Officers were told the man talked about killing himself as his 2- and 3-year-old sons entered the room. Their 9-month-old baby was downstairs in a car seat. The girlfriend got angry and said something to the effect that if he really wanted to see blood, she would help. Then she got a butcher knife from the kitchen.
The couple wrestled and her knife was damaged.
When officers arrived, four knives and a bag containing marijuana residue were found in the bedroom, as were the children. Police reported the incident to the Bureau of Child Welfare, which said it already had cases involving both parents. The kids were left in the care of their grandmother, who also lives in the home.
The man had run away, but officers caught up to him and he was taken to Milwaukee County Mental Health. His 31-year-old girlfriend was arrested for disorderly conduct. They both were intoxicated.
Officers were again called to the home at 12:56 a.m. Saturday. There had been another fight, this one resulting in the couple breaking up. The man was ordered out of the home, but he apparently re-entered through a bathroom window and took a knife.
He then threatened to slash her car tires. He broke a decorative cinder block in the driveway and threw pieces at the vehicle, breaking windows. He took off but was stopped in Milwaukee, where a search turned up 1.56 grams of marijuana.
His hand was broken, and he said that had happened when his girlfriend slammed the door on him.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23