An alert Wauwatosa police officer may have found a sexual assault suspect last week when he noticed a familiar vehicle along Menomonee River Parkway.
According to a Tosa police report:
The officer saw a blue Jeep Cherokee parked in the 3800 block of Menomonee River Parkway at 1:34 p.m. Inside were a man and a younger woman. The vehicle matched descriptions of that used by a man who had sexually assaulted young women on two occasions, the most recent assault happening in February.
When the officer questioned the driver, a 46-year-old Milwaukee man, said the two were family friends who had known each other for years. A short while later, he changed his story and said they had met about 45 minutes ago at a bus stop and that he was giving her a ride to the mall.
The 24-year-old Milwaukee woman said the man told her he was looking for someone to spend money on at Mayfair. In the vehicle, he tried to rub her leg and offered her money for sex. She admitted to having worked as a prostitute in the past but said she was not looking to provide sexual favors in this case.
Initially, she gave an alias, so she was arrested for providing false information to an officer.
The man was arrested for the past sexual assaults and the district attorney is reviewing the cases.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23