The son of a Brookfield man convicted of sexual assault told officers he was having a hard time dealing with his father's incarceration, and he'd started using drugs after that, police said. He was arrested for drug use Aug. 10, in front of the same Wauwatosa apartment complex where the sexual assault occurred last year.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Police received a report at 9:12 a.m. Aug. 10 that people had been sleeping in a vehicle outside Mayfair Manor Apartments, 2435 N. 111th St., for the past several nights.
Officers found an 18-year-old Brookfield man and a 17-year-old Wauwatosa girl, who had been reported as a runaway, asleep in the car. The man said he'd been thrown out of his home by his mother because they both were having a difficult time dealing with his father's conviction.
A search turned up 1.2 grams of marijuana and two pipes, so he was arrested for drug possession. In addition, he was arrested for theft because his car matched the description of a vehicle that had driven off without paying for gas at Mayfair Mobil, 3106 N. Mayfair Road, Aug. 7.
He said he started drinking and smoking pot after his father's conviction this spring.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23