Fire caused $70,000 in damage to a home in the 1400 block of North 65th Street on Sunday morning.
A neighbor saw smoke coming from the attic, Deputy Fire Chief James Case said. The homeowner was able to exit the home; there were no injuries.
"The exact cause is undetermined, but (it's) suspected to be electrical in nature," Case said.
It took 45 minutes to extinguish the blaze and Wauwatosa firefighters received assistance from the Elm Grove, Brookfield, Butler, North Shore and West Allis departments.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23