The Wauwatosa Fire Department extinguished its third house fire in a week's time Saturday evening.
There were no injuries, but about $70,000 in damage was done to the house at 11408 W. Potter Road, Deputy Chief James Case said.
Fire officials have not yet determined the cause of the fire.
The call came in at 5:51 p.m., and when firefighters arrived, they found flames and heavy smoke coming from the attic and second-floor. The fire was quickly distinguished, Case said.
Earlier this week, the Fire Department battled two other blazes. On Aug. 14, a fire likely due to electrical problems caused $70,000 in damage to a home in the 1400 block of North 65th Street.
On Thursday, a home at 119th and Cherry streets was destroyed by fire and one person was found dead.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23