Two years after local Rotary clubs raised more than $1 million and built the performance pavilion at Hart Park, the city looks to be receiving another gift.
This time, Wauwatosa Rotary Club wants to donate a flagpole on the east side of the pavilion. The group sent a letter to the city asking for permission to install a pole and put a light on top of the pavilion to shine on the flag as it flies at night.
The city would be responsible for providing the flag and electricity for the light. Public Works Director Bill Porter recommends the city accept the donation; the matter goes to the Board of Public Works next Monday.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23