A 29-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for her sixth OWI offense for abusing prescription drugs after she was found slumped over her steering wheel in the 7200 block of W. Center St. at 5:17 p.m. March 17.
According to the police report:
A 911 caller alerted police and paramedics to the scene, where the woman was passed out in the car stopped at a 45-degree angle with the engine running.
The woman told police she had prescriptions for Alprazolam and Oxycodene for an existing pain condition. Though she told police she had taken one of each earlier in the day, they determined from the amount of pills in recently filled prescription bottles that the amount was higher.
She failed a field sobriety test. A blood draw was performed with results pending.
The woman had five previous OWI convictions since 2003. There was no further information whether those incidents involved alcohol or drugs.
The arrest was one of seven made over a St. Patrick's Day task force crackdown that involved 10 officers from 7 a.m. March 17 to early morning on March 18.
Police report they made 66 traffic stops, issuing 35 citations.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23