Two men were robbed at gunpoint as they were leaving a house party in 10700 block of West Keefe Avenue last week.
One of the two robbers involved went through one of the victim's pants pockets and took $2,000 in cash, which the victim later said was from a check he had just cashed to pay school bills.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The men, who are cousins, had walked to the end of the house's driveway about 7:43 p.m. June 14 when two masked men armed with semi-automatic handguns appeared from the wooded area across the street.
One of the robbers said "you know what time it is." Scared they would be shot, the victims handed over their wallets and cellphones and laid on the driveway before one of the robbers checked the victims for more.
A woman driving by asked what was going on, and one robber said something to the effect of "they see us, shoot them."
Both victims said the robbers had guns to their heads and pulled the triggers, but other than clicking sounds nothing happened. The robbers then ran back to the woods.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23