Jude case in Wauwatosa ends quietly after all

Tosa resident booked for violating domestic abuse order, injunction

Jan. 22, 2013

The latest episode in the Frank Jude saga ended last week without incident or arrest, and without Jude himself even being present.

Jude has lived on both sides of the law - both as victim and perpetrator.

He was severely beaten by Milwaukee Police officers at a house party in 2004 in a case that saw three officers convicted on federal charges of conspiracy to violate civil rights and obstruction of justice. Another officer was convicted of federal obstruction charges, and still another was convicted of lesser charges.

Jude recently won a $2 million settlement against the city of Milwaukee.

At the same time, Jude, now a Wauwatosa resident, is an offender with a police record.

According to a Tosa police report on the latest incident, police have in the recent past responded to his house for multiple problems, including ordinance violations, disorderly conduct complaints, violation of restraining orders, animal cruelty and narcotics complaints. The house has been flagged by local police as requiring multiple officers and a supervisor for response "regardless of severity," the report said.

Last week, police responded with a tactical squad to a call from a delivery driver outside his house, in the 1300 block of 121st St., and took two people - Jude's half brother, Jerome Wallace, and a woman named Cinnamon - in for questioning.

They were released, and the home was found to be in order. According to news reports, Jude was not at home, and no arrests were made.

The neighborhood around the home from 120th to 122nd streets and from Elmhurst Road to Watertown Plank Road were blocked by police for about three hours during the investigation.

During the incident, police contacted Jude by cell phone. Jude said he met a girl on a chat line, and had gone to meet her. When he arrived at the meeting place, he said she arrived with a man and the two tried to rob him. They chased him and he ran to a nearby Wal-Mart and "said it was all caught on Wal-Mart surveillance videos," according to the report.

He said he was not in need of assistance.

Since the Wauwatosa incident, he reportedly turned himself in on outstanding warrants and was booked on charges of violating a domestic abuse order and violating an injunction.


Local Crime Map



Latest Photo Galleries