At the intersection of Springdale Road and Watertown Road (near where Pewaukee, Brookfield and Waukesha converge) sits a small red restaurant named Andrea's Red Rooster. It is a restaurant that has been there for over 30 years, but has changed hands several times. The current owners, Dennis Barton and Tim Mussen, have owned it for approximately 10 years.
The restaurant is named after Andrea, Mussen's late daughter.
Andrea's Red Rooster is a small building that is divided into two parts - the bar area and the dining area. There is also a patio that is open during the warm weather months. It has the feel of a supper club and a sports bar all in one. There are many TVs throughout the bar and restaurant area, so game watching is certainly an option.
"We consider ourselves a pub and a restaurant," explained server manager Maggie Kriese. "It's very low key, very casual. All the servers are close and have all worked together before, so it has a family feel to it."
The food at Andrea's Red Rooster definitely leans toward comfort food and pub fare. Customer favorites include the Rooster Burger ($9.99), the Friday Fish Fry ($8.99 - $14.99) and for an appetizer the Haystack Onion Rings ($6.99.)
"During the week, lunches are very popular with a lot of business people from the area," Kriese said. "We're known for being a place to get a quick lunch for business meetings or if you just want to get out of the office. We do also have a kids' menu - we're very family oriented."
So whether you're looking for a weekday lunch, drinks after work, dinner with the family or a place to watch a game, Andrea's Red Rooster might be your spot.
NAME: Andrea's Red Rooster
ADDRESS: N14-W22032 Watertown Road, Pewaukee
PHONE: (262) 574-1230
HOURS:11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday to Wednesday, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Thursday to Saturday, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday (bar open later)
HANDICAPPED ACCESS: yes
GLUTEN-FREE OPTIONS: no
LOOKING TO 'GRAB A BITE'?
"Grab a Bite" is an informal look at the food scene in the Wauwatosa, Brookfield and Elm Grove area by freelance writer Karen Waldkirch. Whether you're looking for a place for a date night or a casual spot for lunch, Waldkirch will be out and about scouting eateries for you. If you have a suggestion for a column, email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23