Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the city — like playground equipment or a pothole — that needs to be fixed? Rick Romano answers some of the mysteries of life in Wauwatosa and helps solve everyday problems.
Will The Container Store be part of Mayfair Collection?
Issue: A reader wrote to say he heard a rumor that The Container Store will be part of The Mayfair Collection project on Burleigh Street just east of Highway 45. He wants to know why there has been no official announcement of the store's move to the site. "Any chance you could find out if it is indeed heading to Wauwatosa?" he asked.
Status: A call to the development company produced no confirmed positive news.
Brenton Schroeder, marketing director for developer HAS, said, "I will say that name (The Container Store) has been floated out there a number of times. So far, we have a number of tenants, but that is not one of them."
Schroeder said tenants scheduled to move to the center include previously reported Dick's Sporting Goods, Ulta, Nordstrom Rack, Sak's OFF 5th, Old Navy, Torrid and Carter's. He expects the stores to have soft openings in April, with a grand opening possible in May.
He also said the next set of store announcements may be made soon.
However, he would not confirm whether The Container Store will be part of that group.
"I can only report what I'm told is official," he said.
Submit your question by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is the work under way at North Avenue and Highway 45/41?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What are the legal requirements of a fire pit?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Does the city act when a building needs a new paint job?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Yale Place was once known as Pickle Alley
- What's going on with the abandoned building at Menomonee River Parkway and Harmonee Avenue?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Is the school district paid for the cell tower at Whitman Middle School?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Who regulates lawn care companies?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why was a home on the parkway razed?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: When will 92nd Street north of Capitol be repaved?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Does the city enforce parking-in-driveway violations by commercial vehicles?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will the stone walls of Schoonmacher Creek be repaired?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What types of pavers will be used in the new village streetscaping project?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will a sound barrier be built along the freeway near Center Street?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What was the strong odor in the Village on March 10?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are city trees being trimmed so dramatically?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why were the center stripes on the Menomonee Parkway moved?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are anti-theft devices for cars worthwhile?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there speed bumps on the Menomonee River Parkway?