There is continued movement in the world of Wauwatosa dining and drinking establishments.
The Plan Commission this week reviewed and gave preliminary approvals to a number of restaurant plans.
If you love a good brew, World of Beer might be the place for you.
World of Beer is a franchise drinking establishment opening at 418 N. Mayfair Road, which is at the northeast corner of Mayfair and Bluemound roads, two storefronts away from Qdoba, in the spot currently occupied by Manpower. The first area location is on Brady Street.
World of Beer claims to offer 500 beers from 40 countries in cans and bottles plus selections from an assortment of some "8,000 unique beers from around the globe," according the company website.
It also offers tavern fare, including sandwiches, wings, pretzels, pizza, and more, some of it craft beer-infused. It still needs committee and Common Council approval.
Picnic Basket is another newcomer. This is a locally owned sandwich and salad restaurant that started with one location in Nashotah. It offers breakfast, wraps, pizza and Mexican specialties in addition to sandwiches and subs.
Its owners are seeking approval to open in the space left vacant by the departure of Milios at 10600 W. Bluemound Road, not far from World of Beer, and, like that establishment, needs a couple city approvals yet.
Hue, the long-awaited Vietnamese restaurant, will be moving into 6519 W. North Ave. in the coming months. Like Picnic Basket, this would be the second location of a locally owned business. The first Hue is at 2691 S. Kinnickinnic Ave.
It serves lunch and dinner — many noodle and rice dishes, and a variety of appetizers — and drinks.
Hawaiian restaurant Ono Kine Grindz, at 7215 W. North Ave., will be offering outdoor seating when the weather turns warmer.
Alderman Bobby Pantuso heralded this eatery as an unknown gem. It offers menu items like Char Siu Chicken, Teriyak Burger over Rice and Ginger Salmon.
Fish Cheeks, once seen in the distance, has not turned up in city meetings for some time, and Principal Planner Tammy Szudy said she doesn't know where it stands.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23