In just about nine weeks, Mayfair Collection is expected to open, with a handful of stores ready for business.
April 3 is the date, said a spokesman for Chicago-based HSA Commercial.
HSA said Old Navy, Nordstrom Rack, Sak's Fifth Avenue Off Fifth and Ulta will open then. Dick's Sporting Goods is the only announced tenant that won't make that time frame.
Last week in committee, signage issues were the theme, with the city interested in tweaks to the monument signs that will mark the whole shopping center. Developer Tim Blum, of Chicago-based HSA Commercial, also said that tenants were pushing for larger signs on their stores than his agreement with the city allowed for. Attorney Brian Randall said, with city backing, they would keep them in check.
Blum also said he was in discussion with a number of restaurants to locate at the center. He said he'd like to have some local restaurants, as well as national eating spots. A hotel is also planned.
HSA owns 62 acres in the Burleigh Triangle that it plans to develop in phases. A second phase of the project is likely to begin in late spring or early summer.
"We think this is complementary to Mayfair Mall," Blum said.
Alderman Dennis McBride said buzz was growing about Mayfair Collection, which has been in planning and development for a couple of years.
"You promised all this," McBride joked, "but you are a Chicago guy and I thought I'd better hang onto my wallet."
But, said the alderman, Blum was delivering.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23