Menomonee River Parkway in Wauwatosa closed to through traffic late last week from Hoyt Park Drive to Church Street.
Extensive potholes and crumbling of the pavements were causing drivers to swerve and divert into the oncoming lane, said Jill Organ, assistant chief of planning for Milwaukee County.
Cold weather has prevented the necessary repairs, as the asphalt mix required does not adhere in low temperatures, she said. Barricades have been erected at Church, Hoyt Park Drive and the north end of the Charles Hart Parkway, although homes within those boundaries are accessible.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23