Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the city — like playground equipment or a pothole — that needs to be fixed. Rick Romano answers some of the mysteries of life in Wauwatosa and helps solve everyday problems?
Will "The 2100?" ever be built?
Issue: A reader wanted to know about the proposed apartment project at 2100 N. Mayfair Road.
"I know there was neighborhood opposition," he wrote, "but I thought it was still moving forward. Any information would be appreciated."
Status: After a public hearing earlier this year which drew much opposition from neighbors over building access and height, developer John Czarnecki of Brookfield told the city he would rework the project.
Czarnecki recently told NOW he will be back but added, "No date has been set."
City officials said local residents objected to the building height of five stories (with a sixth story on one end) and the main access via an alley.
When the state Department of Transportation built the exit ramp from northbound Highway 45 to northbound Mayfair Road, it cut off the street access to the building.
Ald. Kathleen Causier said she heard complaints from "many residents in that area" at the time of the original proposal.
"They really objected to the added traffic flow, which already is high because of the ramp," Causier said. "I did hear from some residents a few blocks east of that area who are not as affected and who said they were not opposed to the building."
City Planner Tammy Szudy said the feelings were typical of most new developments.
"Yes, it's usually about height and traffic," she said.
Submit your question by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is the work under way at North Avenue and Highway 45/41?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What are the legal requirements of a fire pit?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Does the city act when a building needs a new paint job?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Yale Place was once known as Pickle Alley
- What's going on with the abandoned building at Menomonee River Parkway and Harmonee Avenue?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Is the school district paid for the cell tower at Whitman Middle School?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Who regulates lawn care companies?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why was a home on the parkway razed?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: When will 92nd Street north of Capitol be repaved?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Does the city enforce parking-in-driveway violations by commercial vehicles?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will the stone walls of Schoonmacher Creek be repaired?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What types of pavers will be used in the new village streetscaping project?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will a sound barrier be built along the freeway near Center Street?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What was the strong odor in the Village on March 10?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are city trees being trimmed so dramatically?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why were the center stripes on the Menomonee Parkway moved?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are anti-theft devices for cars worthwhile?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there speed bumps on the Menomonee River Parkway?