Hawaiian grocery store, deli and caterer One Kine Grindz is hoping to raise $35,000 from friends and fans online to install a commercial kitchen at their Wauwatosa storefront, which would allow them to continue serving prepared foods for take-out and catering.
On their recently launched GoFundMe page, they ask customers to help them meet state code requirements for a commercial kitchen, including a hood vent, stove, oven, indoor grill, and fire suppression system.
"This has proven to be a much larger and more costly proposition than we can handle ourselves," the description reads. "So we are reaching out in the hopes that you might donate what ever you can to help us get a kitchen built (no amount to small)."
The effort had a dozen backers Monday afternoon in amounts ranging from $10 to $100, together totaling $535.
One Kine Grindz opened in 2010 at 7215 W North Ave. in Wauwatosa, expanding over the years from selling groceries to catering and serving meals inside and on its patio.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23