A 20-year-old Waukesha woman suspected of at least nine retail thefts by fraud from Macy’s at Mayfair Mall, 2500 N. Mayfair Mall, was apprehended Friday.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
At 5:35 p.m., she took a coat off the rack and brought it the service counter as a return. She used the $328 credit to purchase other merchandise from the store.
Security had been watching her because they had suspected her of previous incidents of fraud in the past six months but did not have enough evidence to make an arrest. She was also wanted for theft at the Rockford, Ill., Macy’s store.
She was referred to the Milwaukee County district attorney’s office.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23