A 25-year-old man was in the Milwaukee County Jail Tuesday facing a potential prison sentence of up to 260 years for a string of armed robberies in Milwaukee, Glendale, West Allis and Wauwatosa, according to a criminal complaint.
According to the complaint, Devon L. Walker, of the 2900 block of N. 41st St. in Milwaukee, is charged with six counts of armed robbery, use of force, and two counts of recklessly endangering safety, use of a dangerous weapon.
According to the complaint filed Monday, the robberies were committed between Nov. 29 and Jan. 30.
Three of the robberies took place in Milwaukee: at Miss Groove Intimates, 1224 E. Brady St., on Nov. 29; at Sally's Beauty Supply, 544 E. Ogden St., on Dec. 21; and at GameStop, 104 W. Silver Spring Drive, on Jan. 30.
The three other robberies took place at two Radio Shack stores, 5520 N. Port Washington Road in Glendale on Dec. 23, and 6407 W. North Ave. in Wauwatosa on Dec. 30; and a Cricket cell phone store at 1405 S. 108th St., West Allis on Dec. 24.
A handgun was used in all of the robberies, and Walker is accused of firing the weapon during both Radio Shack robberies.
Two other robberies in Milwaukee that Walker was not charged with were read into the complaint. Those robberies were reported Dec. 26 at Simply Fashion, 8249 W. Brown Deer Road, on Dec. 26, and at Batteries Plus, 8377 N. 76th St. on Feb 1.
Each armed robbery count carries a maximum prison sentence of 40 years and each recklessly endangering safety count carries a maximum prison term of 10 years.
Walker was being held in the Milwaukee County Jail Tuesday with bail set at $150,000, according to online jail records.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23