Milwaukee County bus Route 21 had just left Mayfair Mall this afternoon when there came a slight delay in the travel: A pregnant passenger requested medical help after her water broke.
Wauwatosa paramedics responded to the scene just after 1:30 p.m. on the 2500 block of N. Mayfair Road, where the bus waited for about 20 minutes. Milwaukee County Transit System spokeswoman Jackie Janz said there were three people on board, and the bus was held while paramedics assisted the woman.
She was taken to a local hospital, according to the Wauwatosa Fire Department.
"No baby on the bus this time," Janz said.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23