Wauwatosa - Scott Walker's former deputy chief of staff and six other Wauwatosa residents have applied to fill a vacant alderman position.
The deadline to file papers for the opening was 5 p.m. today.
The applicants are:
• Robert Brunow, the owner of a Lake Michigan cruise business who has run three times for alderman and once for mayor.
• Robert Dennik, a vice president at VJS Construction Services who formerly worked as Milwaukee County's economic development director and as deputy chief of staff to County Executive Scott Walker.
• Linda Flood, supervisor of a telephone sales team that sells medical and dental products.
• Michael Llanas, a sales manager.
• Tom Lutzow, president of Independent Health Care Plan Inc. and former vice president of the Milwaukee Center for Independence.
• Acquanitta Patterson-Harris, a paralegal and 2008 candidate for alderman.
• Jason Wilke, a landscape architect for the Waukesha County parks department and president of the Park Ridge Neighborhood Association.
A selection committee will do public interviews of the applicants, and the Common Council will choose one to replace the late Tom Treis.