The Wauwatosa Common Council on Tuesday granted Leff's Lucky Town a conditional-use permit that will allow it to operate an outdoor patio until 11 p.m.
The Community Development Committee last week recommended requiring security to monitor the area around the bar, a stipulation that the council chose to strike from the resolution because no other establishment within the city is held to those standards, and a security guard would have little authority.
Instead, aldermen suggested people call Wauwatosa Police if problems arise.
The conditional-use permit is just the first step in developing the former gas station on the corner of State and 72nd streets as an extension of the existing Leff's. Conceptual plans call for transforming the gas station building into a second bar.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23