Le Reve Patisserie & Café got approval Tuesday night to add café-style seating in front of its restaurant, 7610 Harwood Ave., and a neighboring store, Oro Di Oliva.
Owner Andrew Schneider wants to provide room for about one dozen people to dine on benches and bistro tables put up against the building, but the seating is expected to encroach about 3 1/2 feet onto the 10-foot-wide sidewalk in the public right-of-way.
He said the outdoor seating would increase the eatery's visibility within the Wauwatosa Village Business Improvement District and add to the European village feel of the area.
The city recently adopted guidelines for leasing public right-of-way because newcomer Café Hollander plans to operate outdoor seating on the pedestrian bridge south of State Street.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23