Hart Park improvement work is scheduled to get under way soon, but the city has yet to finalize $1.2 million in project funding.
Toldt Development was supposed to buy land near the Public Works Yard to build 427 units of condos, senior apartments and lofts, a deal city staff expected to wrap up by the end of February.
Now the deal is held up by negotiations over price, according to a memo from City Administrator James Archambo to the Common Council's Budget & Finance Committee.
The park facilities project depends on money from the city's capital budget, borrowing and funds from the land sale. Tomorrow night, the committee will discuss whether to hold off on park improvements until the sale goes through or if other funding options such as borrowing a larger amount of money should be pursued.
The park project is in the design phase and city officials had hoped the athletic facilities would be ready for the fall sports season.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23