A 28-year-old man was charged Tuesday in the fatal shooting of another man at a Wauwatosa bus stop over the weekend.
According to a criminal complaint, Richard L. Harper of Wauwatosa is charged with first-degree intentional homicide, use of a dangerous weapon, in the shooting death of Marc Joseph Boldt of Milwaukee.
Boldt, 38, was shot shortly after 1 p.m. Saturday at the northeast corner of N. 68th St. and W. Wisconsin Ave.
According to the complaint, Harper told police he became upset and shot Boldt after Boldt offered to perform a sex act on him in exchange for money.
If convicted, Harper would face a maximum sentence of life plus five years in prison.
He was being held in the Milwaukee County jail Tuesday with bail set at $100,000.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23