A man was taken into protective custody after police saw him walking in the 2100 block of North 60th Street underdressed for the weather.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
An 18-year-old Milwaukee man was walking in the middle of the southbound traffic lane at 5:28 a.m. Thursday while only wearing a cotton T-shirt and no shoes in below zero temperatures.
The officer tried to get the man to stop, but the 18-year-old kept walking and told the officer that his problem was personal.
Police had to use an electronic control device in order to get him into custody.
The man told police that he was not "right with God" and was on "a path to Jesus."
He also told police that he had used marijuana and drank alcohol that night.
Police figured the man walked some 35 blocks from his home. When they took him into custody, his right foot was bleeding and his socks were worn through.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23