Roger Payne, a Wauwatosa East High School teacher, has been charged with three misdemeanors after marijuana and various drug paraphernalia were seized from his Pewaukee home in November.
Payne, 47, was charged Monday with possession of THC, possession of drug paraphernalia, and resisting or obstructing an officer.
He will make his initial court appearance at the Waukesha Circuit Court on Wednesday, March 25.
On Nov. 20, Payne told police that a 21-year-old Waukesha man had taken $1,500 from his closet.
Upon interviewing the 21-year-old, police discovered that it was marijuana the man had stolen from Payne and not money. The 21-year-old told police he stole the marijuana because he was angry that Payne made unwanted sexual advances toward him.
The man also told police that Payne often had parties where underage people would drink, smoke marijuana and ingest mushrooms and cocaine.
Upon further investigation, police seized 77 grams of marijuana, four glass pipes, four water bongs, various drug paraphernalia and $6,400 from his home.
Payne is still on paid administrative leave from the Wauwatosa School District as school officials continue to conduct their own investigation.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23