A 57-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for retail theft after he took $87 in rib eye steaks and beef tenderloins from Metcalf's Sentry Foods, 6700 W. State St., at 3:40 p.m. April 2.
He put rolls of toilet paper around the walls of the cart and put the meat facing down in the middle in attempt to conceal it. Then he went up and down the aisles, transferring the meat to his coat pockets and under his clothing as he went along.
A background check on the man showed he had 58 prior arrests, mostly for retail theft.
He was also arrested for bail jumping because he was out on bail for a Feb. 11 theft at Walgreens on State Street.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23