Four new dog exercise areas will open in Milwaukee County by this summer, the Milwaukee County Parks and Residents for Off-Leash Milwaukee Parks have announced.
The dog exercise areas will open in Estabrook Park, Currie Park, Lake Park and Bay View Park. They will be the first dog exercise areas established within existing Milwaukee County Parks.
"With the new dog exercise areas, the county will provide residents better access to places they can legally exercise their dogs off leash within a designated fenced in area," said Robin Barry, a ROMP spokeswoman.
Work has already begun at Estabrook and will soon start at Currie. The county plans to open the Currie Park dog area by Memorial Day, followed by Estabrook in mid-June, with Lake and Bay View opening shortly after that.
Two dog exercise areas, the Runway and Granville, already exist as stand-alone runs outside of county parks. The county plans to fence in Granville this summer, according to Jeff Baudry, county parks spokesman.
For more information on area dog parks, visit the Animal Magnetism Pet blog at www.jsonline.com/blogs/lifestyle/pets.html.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23