Guardrails northbound and southbound at the Swan Boulevard bridge and at the foot of the pedestrian bridge on Harwood Avenue need repairs due to damages from car accidents that occurred during the winter, Public Works Department Director William Kappel said.
The Budget and Finance Committee on April 28 recommended dipping into contingency funds to pay the $12,625 needed to make the repairs.
However, the city may be able to recover about half the funds by filing a claim with one driver's auto insurance provider. The other accidents were hit and runs with no accident reports filed.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23