Wauwatosa Public Works Director William Kappel has been recognized as one of the top professionals in his field by the American Public Works Association.
Each year, the association selects 10 people from its more than 39,500 members. Kappel was recognized for his more than 40 years working in this sector from a sanitation worker in 1967 to his existing position. As Public Works Director, he oversees the Engineering, Parks and Forestry, Fleet and Traffic and Operations divisions and creates an annual capital plan that in 2009 amounts to $25 million.
Kappel counts as among an even smaller pool of winners from Wisconsin. He's only the 12th in the state to receive the award since its inception in 1960.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23