The Wauwatosa Police Department has been working with numerous state, federal and local law enforcement agencies to bring down a drug trafficking ring that has crossed state lines.
This morning, 15 people were arrested in Milwaukee after the agencies executed 10 search warrants this morning, according to a news release from Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen issued this afternoon
The 18-month investigation uncovered an organization that distributed significant amounts of drugs throughout the Milwaukee metropolitan area.
Wauwatosa Police worked with Wisconsin Department of Justice Division of Criminal Investigation, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration Milwaukee County Sheriff's and District Attorney's offices and Milwaukee and West Allis police departments
This was the culmination of a year and one-half long investigation into a multi-state drug trafficking organization that was responsible for distributing significant amounts of controlled substances.
All the people arrested are being detained in the Milwaukee County Criminal Justice Facility on a variety of drug-related charges.
Van Hollen said no further information is being released at this time because the investigation is ongoing.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23