A 26-year-old West Allis man accused of robbing a convenience store and then grabbing a bite to eat at a nearby George Webb was arrested Thursday, Wauwatosa police said.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The clerk was preparing for to close the Open Pantry Citgo, 11216 W. Blue Mound Road, at 10:51 p.m. Tuesday, when a man wearing a bright orange ski mask and camouflage clothing entered the store carrying a switchblade knife.
The robber demanded money, so the clerk handed him some cash and he fled. A customer was able to get to get the robber's license plate number.
After leaving the gas station, the robber went to a nearby George Webb to eat, and to dispose of the mask and knife. He allegedly told officers he needed money to support his heroin habit.
Video footage showed the same man had been in casing the store hours earlier.
Police were familiar with the man from previous robberies and drunken driving incidents. He was referred to the Milwaukee County District Attorney.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23