Waukesha — A former Wauwatosa East High School teacher on Monday was placed on two years of probation and ordered to serve 15 days in the Waukesha County Jail on marijuana charges.Roger K. Payne, 47, had pleaded guilty earlier in Waukesha County Circuit Court to marijuana possession, drug paraphernalia possession and obstructing an officer at his City of Pewaukee home.
Payne also was ordered to pay $264 in penalties and court costs. His driver's license was revoked.
Police arrested Payne in his condominium in December after he reported the theft of $1,500 to police.
The suspect named by Payne admitted that he took a quarter-pound of marijuana, not cash, according to a criminal complaint.
The suspect told police that Payne would regularly host parties for underage people, including former students, according to a police report. He told police that party-goers would regularly smoke marijuana or use mushrooms and cocaine at Payne's residence, the report says.
A police search turned up $6,400, four bongs, four glass pipes, numerous bags of marijuana, a magazine about marijuana and four pornographic movies, a search warrant says.
Payne has since resigned his teaching position, a Wauwatosa school official said Monday. He had been with the district for 25 years.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23