A self-storage facility may soon be coming to North 124th Street.
Edwin Reitan of Reitan Architects requested a conditional-use permit to operate in an existing industrial building and four outbuildings at 4480 N. 124th St.
The Plan Commission recommended approval with a vote of 6-1 Monday night. The Community Development Committee also voted in unanimous support Tuesday night.
Commissioner John Albert was the lone vote in opposition, voicing concern about security issues. The business would be staffed from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., but storage unit renters would have access to the facility using keyless entering from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Other commissioners said they see a need for a business of this type in the city and they believe the idea that storage facilities are targets for crime is a fallacy.
The Common Council is expected to take action on the issue Tuesday night.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23