Wauwatosa residents will be able to shop for fresh produce, locally made items and crafts by area artisans in 2010, thanks to a group of residents who have spent the past several months working to bring a farmers market to the city.
Organizers had hoped to get a weekly market up and running this summer, but found few vendors available on short notice. However, residents will get a taste this year of the regionally grown foods to come with a harvest festival Sept. 26.
The market will operate from the municipal parking lot behind The Little Red Store, 7720 Harwood Ave.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23