Wauwatosa police are looking for clues in connection with a burglary at a Mayfair Road liquor store in which more than 100 bottles of liquor - valued at more than $5,000 - were taken.
The break-in took place last week at the Mayfair Liquor Mart, 3122 N. Mayfair Road, police said.
Police believe more than one burglar must have been involved due to the large amount of merchandise removed: 30 bottles of champagne, 32 of cognac, 28 of vodka, three of tequila, three of whiskey, seven of gin and six of various liqueurs, and three cartons of cigarettes.
The rear door of the building was broken prior to 12:50 a.m. Wednesday and a hammer was found behind the service counter, police said.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23