Milwaukee County sheriff’s deputies are looking for suspects in two golf cart joyrides at county parks. The incidents caused minor property damage.
According to a Wauwatosa police report:
Police received a call reporting that three golf carts were missing from their parking stalls at Currie Park Golf Course, 3535 N. Mayfair Road, at 3:30 a.m. July 14. They were found abandoned in a wooded area near the ninth hole. Tire marks were left on the course, and flags were damaged on two greens.
Three nights later, police received a report of three missing golf carts, this time at Hansen Golf Course, 9800 Underwood Parkway. A security cable that was hooked to the carts had been cut. A hacksaw was left on the ground.
The carts were found on the gravel road that connects to Hoyt Park.
Deputies assigned to the area for the summer to patrol park activity have met with The Park People, a group of advocates for county parks. They are determining ways to better secure golf carts so the public will not have any after-hours access, Sheriff’s Department spokeswoman Kim Brooks said today.
Deputies also have been canvassing the surrounding neighborhoods to see if anyone has noticed suspicious activity.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23